St Werburghs Welcoming Space
St Werburghs Community Centre is an accessible, affordable, warm, safe and welcoming space.
Bristol’s network of Welcoming Spaces are open across the city. They are not only places for you to keep warm but are also there for you to socialise with others and access cost of living advice and support. Our Welcoming Space includes:
- Open Access Computers and charging points seven days a week, 9am – 10pm
- Foodshare service offering food and essential items to local families in need of support
- Access to free and low-cost physical activities via Sport England, Wesport and Voscur
- Cooking and gardening courses.
- Art Club and Tai Chi for over 50s.
- SEND family provision, including Stay & Play, Yoga for parents / carers and therapy via Murmuration Project
- Easy PC digital support one-to-one sessions and group support
- Festive Friends events for isolated older people which includes transport, food, entertainment and gifts
- We signpost people to local support and services including mental health and homelessness support.
- Visitors have access to Pay It Forward in the cafe
- We distribute free phones with data for those in need via the Community Calling scheme
- Our building is wheelchair accessible and our members offer a wide range of support activities from AA to Disability & Mental Health.