Bristol One City Cost of Living Response
We are recruiting for community-focused Volunteers to help our visitors feel welcome in our friendly, warm and safe space.
This is a valuable opportunity to be part of our vibrant Community Centre, while connecting with like-minded people, uplifting others and gaining rewarding experiences.
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 955 1351 . We look forward to hearing from you.
The role activities include:
- Making friendly conversation
- Helping residents get involved with an activity
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Checking in on residents using the space
- Signposting residents to groups and services
- Support open access computer users by helping to sign up, log in and assist with enquiries, for example help to understand and respond to emails / letters / bills
- Helping users with photocopying and printing
Flexible hours, to be agreed. Suggested minimum: 3 hours weekly for 3 to 6 months.
Festive Friends Volunteers
Volunteer for St Werburghs Community Centre at our Festive Friends events.
Twice a year we host Festive Friends events for over 50s in our local community. Our Christmas event will be held on Friday 15th December 2023.
We will need help with setting up, serving food and drink, being available to chat and have fun with the attendees, and setting down. The shifts will operate has half days (4hrs each).
Please contact us for more details: email@example.com.