Bristol’s Clean Air Zone
Bristol’s Clean Air Zone to start on 28 November 2022
With the introduction of Bristol’s long-awaited Clean Air Zone just a few weeks away, we wanted to help the community learn more about what is required of them and how they can benefit. The Council sent us a useful breakdown so we are sharing it here to help get the word out:
In total, £42 million of funding has been secured to help those that need to replace vehicles to meet the zone’s emission standards. Residents on a low income (less than £27,000 a year) that work in the zone can apply for financial support.
- Make sure you check your vehicle registration online to see if you will be charged for driving in the zone.
- Get in touch with the council if you need to replace your vehicle by registering your interest in receiving financial support with a grant or interest contributions on a loan.
- If you have already applied for support, the Council’s finance partners will be contacting all eligible applicants to guide them through the next stage of the process. There will be an exemption available until July 2023 for those that are successful in applying for financial support and have yet to receive their new vehicle.
- You can also take advantage of the active travel offers available, including free cycling trials, eScooter credit and bus taster tickets.
- Have a look at the Clean Air Zone business toolkit for step-by-step advice on how to prepare for the Clean Air Zone or for more information visit the council’s website.
We also hope to give more details over the coming weeks and months about the active travel offers that will be available to Bristol residents.